The following conditions must be met:
- The drone operator has to be registered.
EU residents: Please register in the EU member state of your main residence (or principal place of business), contact the Aviation Authority in your member state for further details.
Non-EU residents: Please register in the EU member state in which you intend to operate your drone first. If the first drone operation will take place in Austria, please register as an operator here .
- All operated drones need sufficient insurance coverage.
Make sure that the coverage is at least 750.000 SDR and your insurance is valid in Austria.
- The drone pilot needs a proof of competency.
Depending on the subcategory of your drone operation (see table below), you need a certificate for A1/A3 and additionally A2.
- The drone must be kept in visual line of sight (VLOS) at all times.
- The drone is flown at a height of no more than 120 meters above ground level.
- The drone must not carry any dangerous goods or drop any material.